With tongue planted firmly in cheek, I offer the following quick-fix, simple, easy solution to that persistent problem of war in the Middle East (currently flaring up between Israel and Palestine, for the xx time in xx years/months/weeks).
To solve this pesky problem of constant war between Israel and its neighbors, all you have to do is:
- make the international news conglomerates accurately report all legitimate stories
- allow all displaced peoples a homeland and nationhood
- eliminate racial bigotry on both sides
- turn the mutual hatred from their mutually exclusive religious doctrines into ecumenical brotherhood and love
- confiscate their heavy weaponry and bomb-making materials and get them to promise not to make any of their own
- make them cease all boycotts and embargoes against each other
- put leaders over them who will root out corruption, religious fundamentalism, and greed, and who will prioritize creating a secular, representative government over all other goals
- tear down all walls separating them, including historical ethnocentrism, exceptionalism, ancient feuds, contradictory scriptural bragging rights, and the literal concrete, militarized walls
- promote international trade with all nations, and international alliances with all nations
How hard could that be?